As your application gains popularity and traction, size of the data that you have to analyze increases exponentially. Some queries now start taking a lot of time and size of the data becomes unmanageable in traditional databases. So we start looking at the data warehouse solution for data storage which can keep the data organized and easily accessible. So if you are looking at data warehouse solution then also keep Redshift in mind as well.
What is Redshift??
Amazon Redshift is a completely managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. You can start with just a couple hundred gigabytes of data and scale to a petabyte or more. This enables you to use your data to acquire new insights for your business and customers. Redshift creates powerful solution by using various AWS services. So features are as:
- Exceptionally fast when it comes to load the data and query it for analytical and reporting purposes
- High performance due to massive parallelism with multiple nodes, optimized because of reduced I/O in columnar storage and data compression in reducing memory footprint and massively improves the I/O speed.
- Can scale horizontally and bundle well with other AWS echo systems like S3, EMR.
- Red shift comes with various security features.
- ANSI SQL compatible
- Redshift 1MB block size and because of Larger block size I/O request reduces hence better performance.